Thursday, July 26, 2007

Summer Break, Day Fourteen

Last post before I disappear for ten days.

I'm going up to my cottage at Houghton Lake for a little over a week. I'll be without internet while I'm up there, but this is probably a good thing. I'll get time to really focus on writing, and relaxing, maybe get a bit of a tan.

I finished draft one of the Interlude script a few days ago and sent it to Mike, my director. We've been wooing a producer, and Mike just sent the script over to him. He picked up on the fact that there is a heavy subtext, but not quite what it was about. It makes me a little nervous if they can't pick up what it's about from the dialog. Mike assures me that the visuals (which I kept slim in the script) will reinforce the dialog. He's going to send an email illustrating the subtext to the producer. Hopefully it'll be enough to hook him.

Got all caught up with the Sinestro Corps War. Of the two big summer events (World War Hulk and Sinestro Corps War) Sinestro has been a spectacular story, and probably more memorable in the long run.

I can't think of much else. Check out Vyvienne Long's EP Birdtalk. It's been rocking my world. Her voice is so dang beautiful.

See you in a week.

0 comments: