Saturday, October 27, 2007

Still catching up

Boo!

Yes, I'm still here (for the few readers who actually bother to check this thing anymore).

I'm now twelve days into "The Long Goodnight" and chugging along at a fairly decent pace. Last night I broke the 12,000 word count, and I'm dreaming of hitting the 15,000 mark tonight, and the 20,000 tomorrow. The book is written with very tight chapters, so I'm currently working on chapter 13, and all is going well.

I was really hoping to be able to do NaNoWriMo this year, but in order to work through Goodnight I'm going to have to pass it up... Oh well.

I went home last weekend because my brain was going into overload with my bedroom. It was far too packed with far too much stuff. So I rode the train home Thursday, got the car and drove back to Chicago Friday, picked up a bunch of crap I didn't need, and drove home Friday afternoon. Since then things have been on the up and up. My room appears a lot larger, and writing has been coming a lot easier.

Well, back to the drawing board for today, we'll see how much I can get done.

0 comments: