Monday, September 29, 2008

back to the drawing board

Just got a rejection back from Greatest Uncommon Denominator. That was a very fast turnaround, only a matter of like two weeks.

They said that I had some interesting ideas "but the storytelling lacks punch." It's a problem I think I can see. It's a rather sedate feeling story, I think. So I guess what I'll do is go back for an overview of it here, and see where I can send it out next. Let it get rejected once or twice more before I make some major major changes to it.

So that makes rejection #3 ever. As a number it feels good to actually see myself making some headway.

Anywhoo that's all on that.

I'll be back later with a more in depth post about the reshaping of the Rider I've been doing over the past couple of weeks. I'm at a point where I think I really know what's going on with him.

2 comments:

Duke Kimball September 29, 2008 at 6:54 PM  

sounds like the GUD may not have been your venue, so to speak. don't be too hasty to revise that bad boy, it's one of my favorite things that you've written.

so anyway, this is my blog/account thingy. i've made a couple of posts now so it might be worth having a gander at, eventually. meh. anywayz, keep on rockin the ann arbor-ness. let me know abouts sketti.

SamiJane613 October 7, 2008 at 10:42 PM  

Just 3? That's an impressively low number, yeah?
Tout that, and then talk about how long you've been writing.
Tomorrow, I should actually be able to make headway in reading The Rider, which is now outdated, I think, but I'll try and keep the changes that you have told me about in mind as I read.