Sunday, June 10, 2007

I'm back in Chicago.

The wedding was an absolute blast. They always have a tendency to leave me with the same empty feeling I get after things like long book series, emotionally riveting movies, the morning after the final performance of a musical back in high school. It's all this build up and stress and worry and emotion. It all pays off. Then you're left going "ok, now what?" I'm in that phase right now. It's this desire to sustain that emotional high. To sustain that time with friends, and that bond.

The service was at The People's Church in East Lansing. The service was quick and very nice. Ben and Kate looked great. The reception was more than exceptional. The open bar definitely helped with that. Loosened me up, and got me on the dance floor (which is a very rare occurrence).

It was so much fun getting to see Sappy and Paul and Woody, Ben's three roommates who I made really tight bonds with during my two weeks in California. I'm really missing having them around. It helps to remind me why I am so jazzed about going out there in the first place.

The reception was only vegetarian food, and so afterwards Ben's roomies and I went to Applebees and got chicken fingers. We had a craving for the flesh of dead animals. The evening ended with us belting (terribly) along with Meatloaf, the song "I Would Do Anything For Love." It's things like that I feel like I'm missing in Chicago.

It's back to the daily grind on Monday. Tutoring and Class and Work. Nothing to really look forward to until after July. It makes for a really long month.

Wow this post got a little more depressing than what I meant it to be. I'll cut here and keep unpacking, and come back some time later this evening and try again.

0 comments: