Monday, April 14, 2008

Title? We Don't Need No Stinkin' Titles

It's funny seeing how my routine has taken shape, and the variations and permutations of it each semester. It's sort of a refining process leading down to the "ultimate" schedule routine. This semester is more of one of those "learning experience" semesters I think.

What I mean by that is that come monday-wednesday night the apartment goes to hell. Rooms get messy, dishes pile up and by the weekend I'm far too exhausted to really care about cleaning it up. And then cleaning becomes competitive with doing homework. One gets done. The other doesn't. Or neither get done and I end up writing a ton for something not for class (namely the rider's first novel).

Lately I've not been doing much. Watching a really only ok TV show, Jericho, or playing minigames included with NCAA Football 2007 (I'm a master of the option play). I seem to be a broken record now about how I should be taking that time doing homework or getting in shape or something more worth my time. And the broken record goes round and round and round.

I'm being way too lazy at work too. Today I worked on my novel a little bit. I've got it in my mind how to restructure the beginning of part 2. It was kind of a messy start. I've got so many other stories I want to tell, getting all the pieces moving and setting up the future conflicts. So I'm starting part 2 with stepping back. With showing the big picture. A bunch of snippets getting all the other pieces moving again. I think it will be interesting trying to capture the magnitude of the conflict. What I wrote didn't exactly feel good, but the idea was there, so what is to come may be interesting.

Now I'm off to make another rum and coke and watch more Jericho...

0 comments: