Thursday, May 03, 2007

I'm back in Haslett for the weekend. I get to pack up my life that I didn't bring to the dorm room and move it into my apartment between Sunday and whenever.

I'm under seven days away from being done with this painfully long semester, but I'm worried about being able to get everything done on time. I've got a comic script to write, and I need to find an artist, but I'm out of time to do that (it's due monday). Everything else is really going to take just sitting down and doing it.

Dark Horse has an open submissions policy, so I think I am going to try and shop Hero of the Second City there at the end of the summer when I've had a time to really polish the first novella.

Mostly things have been quiet today in a relative sense. My short story I've been working on, the one about the fat guy eating my peanuts, I've been testing bits of it on audiences of friends and family today, and they laugh pretty good. It's promising, I just need to finish it eventually (ie: 2 days to turn in for a class).

It was really nice getting a chance to see my dog again for the first time in a while. It isn't untill I get away from pets that I realize how much I miss them. I'm really hoping that we are allowed to have pets in the apartment, because I want to get one if we can. A nice kitten. And I want to give it some big greek or norse gods name, or something cool and really unique. I am always open to suggestions.

Well I'm going to start laundry, and probably climb in bed. Tomorrow I get my ears lowered a bit, and have breakfast at Sip n Snack, my favorite restaurant EVER!

1 comments:

rough_n_it May 4, 2007 at 3:20 PM  

http://lowchensaustralia.com/names/gods.htm
check out the link.... tons of names to choose from... good luck!